Lexington Theological Seminary Students Receive McCaw, Edgar DeWitt Jones Scholarships

Lexington, Ky., Sept. 12, 2018 – Three Lexington Theological Seminary Master of Divinity students were recently selected for scholarships established to support outstanding Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) seminarians.

STANLEY

Frances Stanley, student minister at Slash Christian Church in Ashland, Va., who also serves as a policy analyst for Virginia’s housing finance agency, was one of two recipients nationally to receive the 2018-19 John and Maxine McCaw Scholarship Fund for Prophetic Living, Teaching, and Preaching. The scholarship fund, held in trust at the Christian Church Foundation and administered by the College of Regional Ministers, was created by the McCaws in 2012. Stanley also received the scholarship in 2017.

“I am honored to receive the Dr. John and Maxine McCaw Scholarship Fund for Prophetic Living, Teaching and Preaching for a second time. I am truly grateful for the McCaw’s generosity,” Stanley said. “In the future, I hope to multiply that generosity and extend their legacy by serving those in greatest need. Receiving this scholarship allows me to focus on my studies at LTS, work with the excellent faculty to be prepared, and to follow the example Dr. McCaw has set – that our calling is both for life and for a life of service to Christ and his church.”

FRANTZ

The Edgar DeWitt Jones Scholarship, established by Central Woodward Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) to honor the legacy of the church’s founding pastor and Disciples theologian, was awarded to Melissa Frantz and Foster Frimpong. Frantz is Director of Youth & Family Ministries at Drive-In Christian Church in Daytona Beach, Fla., and Frimpong, a former teacher in Ghana, serves as pastor Co-heirs with Christ Missions, a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) new church plant in Lexington, Ky.

“My heart leapt for joy when I learned that I was receiving the Edgar DeWitt Jones Scholarship,” said Frantz. “I am deeply humbled and honored to have been nominated by the faculty and staff at LTS. It is a true blessing, and I am so grateful for this gift that will allow me to finish up my degree at LTS and continue growing in my ministry in Florida.”

FRIMPONG

Being able to study at LTS with the support of the Edgar DeWitt Jones Scholarship is a blessing, Frimpong agreed. “One of

the major resolutions I made to God before moving to the States was to pursue the calling I have felt in my life. I am so thankful to God that God heard my prayer and has led me to where I am today,” Frimpong said. “My greatest desire is to serve God by serving the Church. LTS has provided me with the intellectual knowledge, Spiritual disposition, and the hands-on-practical skills needed.”

Lexington Theological Seminary is a graduate theological institution of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. Consistent with the Disciples’ historic commitment to Christian unity, the Seminary is intentionally ecumenical with students, faculty, staff and trustees of various denominations. The Seminary has been preparing leaders for the church since 1865. For more information, visit www.lextheo.edu.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail