Ministry, in Many Ways

I write this knowing many of you, LTS alumni/ae have navigated your way through Lent and the celebration of Easter Sunday at your places of ministry. This is no small task, and I am grateful for your work. Many of you, too, are church lay leaders or work in parachurch ministries and organizations—regardless of your context, Spring in the life of the Church is a busy time. Much goodness comes from the busyness. So does fatigue!

And so as you’re living into the Easter season, and recovering, perhaps, from the endless march of Holy Week, I want to remind you that your work makes a difference.

Every day, Lexington Theological Seminary alums are making their mark in the world. Every day, our students are engaged in ministry, even as they prepare for it. Every day, our faculty and staff are on the job, doing our best to support the work our graduates, students, and future students are doing. Every day, a difference is made, even if the smallest of ways.

And none of it happens without those who support us financially. None of it happens without those who give annually to our Ministerial Education Fund.

And so, as always, I first say thank you if you’ve made a gift to the MEF this financial year; I’m deeply grateful. And, second, I invite you to make a gift this financial year (prior to July 31) if you have not done so. Every gift matters. Every gift counts. We need you, and we say that with great thanksgiving for every single person, every single gift.

You may give online, via phone, or via regular mail—and if you have questions about any of this, or want to talk with me about your giving to LTS, please know that I am available by email at jrichardson@lextheo.edu or via phone directly at 859.280.1203. I welcome hearing from you.

Blessings, this Easter season. May you know God’s love and grace in all you do.

Julie