Compound philanthropy

As I write this, September is upon us, and that means we’ve been in a new Ministerial Education Fund year for just about a month. I’m still in awe of how you all rose to the occasion for the 2015 MEF fund year, helping us reach 97 percent of our goal with gifts totaling well over $439,000. Thank you, every one, for the role you played, no matter how big or small, in reaching that gift total. We are so very grateful.

I want to take this opportunity to be sure you know about our automatic giving option at LTS. This is how I manage my own MEF gift, and it couldn’t be easier. The amount I’ve pledged monthly for this year’s fund is transferred directly from my bank account at the end of each month. I chose the amount, designated a maximum amount for the year, and provided my signature. It takes about 10 minutes to download, print out and complete the form.

In this way, my MEF gift has become a regular part of my monthly budget. I love knowing that come year-end, I will have made what is, for me, a significant contribution to my Seminary. “Compound philanthropy” is what we call it, and the process truly is easy.

You can download and print the necessary form at Should you have any questions, please give me a call directly at (859) 280-1203.

As we always say here, because we believe it—every gift matters. My gift will make a difference. So will yours.

Julie Richardson, M. Div. 2002

Advancement Associate