Seeing the goodness of the Lord
“I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living,” wrote the psalmist (Psalm 27:13, NRSV). The words are both celebration and thanksgiving, and they speak as only scripture can to the transformation the Seminary is living into these days.
Today I offer them as a testament to what has been in this last year, and to what will continue to be, for Lexington Theological Seminary. We have seen the goodness of the Lord:
• in 13 graduates of the new curriculum and program this past June.
• in the legacy gifts of Seminary friends and alumni that will bolster our endowment so that we can look even further ahead.
• in faculty committed to innovative teaching and the pastoral identity formation of our students.
• in 135 students who are heeding a call to ministry via Lexington Theological Seminary from across 28 states.
• through grants from the Lilly Foundation and the Pension Fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) that will assist us in helping sustain and support our graduates post-seminary in their ministries.
• through a new and improved D. Min. program.
There is much to celebrate. That makes it all the more important that we continue to have a healthy Ministerial Education Fund (MEF), the Seminary’s annual fund that directly funds students and faculty.
Please join us in this Land of the Living as we share the goodness we’ve seen here. We hope you’ll make plans now for your gift to MEF this year. We look forward to hearing from you.
DR. CHARISSE L. GILLETT