LTS Honors 23 Graduates at 144th Commencement
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 14, 2010) – Twenty three students from 11 states and Puerto Rico received degrees during Lexington Theological Seminary’s 144th commencement ceremony, which took place at Memorial Hall on the campus of the University of Kentucky.
MASTER OF ARTS
• Patrick Alden Dillon, Flemingsburg, Ky.
MASTER OF DIVINITY
• David Agrinsoni, San Juan, PR
• Faye Elizabeth Blevins, St. Louis, Mo.
• Jordan Byrd, Whitehouse, Texas
• Chrysanthia Faye Carr-Seals, Lexington, Ky.
• Tonya Jean Farrin, Charleston, W.Va.
• Marsha Jean Charles, Lexington, Ky.
• Lakeya Nichelle Chase, Lawrenceville, Ga.
• Amanda Cooke Hatfield, Durham, N.C.
• Johanna L. Heil, Akron, Ohio
• Wanda B. Olive, Lexington, Ky.
• Tracy R. Parker, Georgetown, Ky.
• Sarah Elizabeth Renfro, Lexington, Ky.
• Dustin Swartz, Virginia Beach, Va.
• Tracy A. Siegman, Akron, Ohio
• Bonnie Joyce Simerly, Abita Springs, La.
• Starla Nicole Solan, Watertown, N.Y.
• Jodie Paris Stamper, Mount Olive, Ky.
• Christopher K. Stark, Mineral Ridge, Ohio
• Katharine Lynn West, Des Moines, Iowa
• Kathryn L. Wilson, Xenia, Ohio
DOCTOR OF MINISTRY
• David F. Walton, Jr., Roanoke, Va.
• Terrye Williams, Newport News, Va.
Dr. William L. Lee, senior pastor at Loudon Avenue Christian Church in Roanoke, Va., delivered the commencement address. A former Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) moderator, Dr. Lee is a graduate of Duke Divinity School.
The 144th commencement also signals the start of a new curriculum for in the life of Lexington Theological Seminary. Beginning this summer LTS will begin to incorporate a new model of education in the curriculum, which will include a renewed focus on congregational ministry of students as well as distance learning in order to reach students in many different phases of life, from recent college graduates to second-career students and those seeking continuing education.