- Search LTS remote databases »
- Search Free-Access Internet Databases »
- New Print Books at Bosworth Memorial Library »
As of March 8, 2010, the authentication process for searching our online remote databases is handled by a proxy server. Users will be prompted to enter their name and the barcode number from their LTS Library card. The passwords assigned previously are no longer valid. A brief tutorial explains the steps and describes the new databases that have been added. If you need help, please contact the Library Reference Desk. (859) 280-1229, or email@example.com
Bosworth Memorial Library at the Lexington Theological Seminary has over 165,000 volumes and regularly receives over 200 periodicals mostly in English. New titles added to the collection each month are prominently displayed and available for loan immediately. An additional two million volumes are available from the University of Kentucky Libraries, located across the street from the LTS campus. Lexington also has a library-sharing agreement with the other members of TEAM-A, which have combined resources of over 600,000 books and periodicals. Additional books and journals are available through inter-library loan with other institutions.
In addition to the books and journals, Bosworth Library has audio-visual resources available in all of the areas of academic study. We also maintain for check-out audio and video tapes of chapel and convocation services.
The Library provides a number of library guides and has an extensive collection of microfilm and microfiche. The Archives and the Verticle Files have a large collection of other materials, such as biographies, local church histories, denominational and ecumenical pamphlets, and items relating to the Seminary.
- Study carrels, a copier, and computer/printer workstations are available for student use throughout the Library building.
The Library is a member of the American Theological Library Association and participates in many of their programs and services.
|Mon||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Tues||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Wed||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Thu||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Fri||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
Off-Campus Library Support
Information for Off-Campus Library Users
The Library staff is working to add to the list of information resources that are available to off-campus Seminary students. When possible these resources are provided without any additional fees. However, many of these vendors require that their resources be limited to registered students, therefore some passwords are required. If you are a current student and need a password, please contact the Library’s Information Desk at (859) 280-1229 or LibraryRefDesk@LexTheo.edu.
- ATLA Religion Database
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Catholic Periodical and Literature Index
- Old Testament Abstracts
- New Testament Abstracts
- Academic Search Premier
- Business Source Premier
- ERIC, the Educational Resource Information Center
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Newspaper Source
- PsycINFO , from the American Psychological Association
- WorldCat: Books and other materials in libraries worldwide
- ArticleFirst: Index of articles from the contents pages of journals
- ClasePeriodica: Index of Latin American journals
- GPO: U.S. government publications
- WorldCatDissertations: Database of dissertations and theses
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- JSTOR — Arts and Sciences Collections III & V
- OBS — Oxford Biblical Studies Online