Beargrass Christian Church Honored as Congregational Partner

Lexington, Ky., June 16, 2014 – Lexington Theological Seminary’s 2014 Congregational Partner Award recipient is Beargrass Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Louisville, Ky.

Since 1966, Beargrass Christian Church has funded a generous scholarship to assist ministerial students. Since that time, over 70 students have received the award including Jan Ehrmantraut, former Regional Minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Kentucky; LTS Lilly Grant Director and local church pastor Kris Bentley; Christian Church in Kentucky Associate Regional Minister Linda Jones; former Week of Compassion Executive Director Johnny Wray, and Clark Gilpin, former dean of the Disciples Divinity House at the University of Chicago.

Current scholars include Anna Hope Curwood, Joseph Pusateri, Steven Straub, Vernon Bolden and Julia Cory.

Dr. Leigh Bond, Beargrass Christian Church Senior Minister, and Leslie Geoghegan, LTS Trustee and advancement committee chair, will receive the award at the 148th commencement ceremony June 20 at Crestwood Christian Church in Lexington.

“Beargrass Christian Church has been a faithful partner in ministry with Lexington Theological Seminary through congregational care of our students in their ministries,” Dr. Gillett said. “We are thankful for their generous gifts of finances, time, resources, teaching and partnership in the process of equipping students for ministry.”

Past recipients are Crestwood Christian Church (2012) and First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Frankfort (2013).

For more information about Beargrass Christian Church, visit http://beargrass.org/

###

Lexington Theological Seminary is an accredited graduate theological institution of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).  Consistent with the Disciples’ historic commitment to Christian unity, the Seminary is intentionally ecumenical with students, faculty, staff and trustees of various denominations. The Seminary has been preparing leaders for the church since 1865. For more information, visit www.lextheo.edu.