Lexington Theological Seminary names admissions director

Erin Cash Lexington Theological Seminary names admissions directorLexington, Ky., Oct. 5, 2011 – The Rev. Erin Cash soon joins Lexington Theological Seminary as the new Director of Admissions.

Cash brings a range of perspectives to the role. She currently serves as Minister to Children at First Christian Church (DoC) in Paducah and as Economic Justice Counselor at Merryman House Domestic Crisis Center. She also has experience as an admissions counselor at Greenville College in Greenville, Ill. Cash joins the Seminary Oct. 11.

“This role is a way for me to combine my experience in admissions, the work of the church and non-profit organizations,” said Cash. “I believe in this model of education. It’s a good model. When I graduated from seminary (at Emory University), I went straight into church work without being prepared for the role of being a pastor at a church. When pastors graduate from Lexington Theological Seminary, they will be ready for church life. I applaud the Seminary for thinking about how to adapt in this changing culture and concentrating first on how we train pastors. It’s an exciting program, and I am looking forward to connecting with students who wish to explore solid preparation for ministry.”

LTS President Charisse L. Gillett said that Cash’s background in ministry and as an admissions counselor gives her unique insight into the role of connecting students and the new curriculum at the Seminary. “Erin Cash’s passion for helping people, especially those interested in ministry, fits well with the mission of the Seminary and our vision for serving the people of God. It is important to us to be committed to the well-being of students with a desire to serve the church, and she will be a great resource for people who seek to know more about how to be effective pastors and leaders within the church.”

***

Lexington Theological Seminary is a graduate theological institution of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. 

Consistent with the Disciples’ historic commitment to Christian unity, the Seminary is intentionally ecumenical with students, faculty, staff and trustees of various denominations. 
The Seminary has been preparing leaders for the church since 1865.