11.0 Miscellaneous Information and Policies
11.1 Call to Active Military Service: Lexington Theological Seminary responds to the needs of students who are called to active military service by being as helpful and accommodating as possible:
When a student leaves after the drop deadline but prior to the withdrawal deadline, the Seminary will:
- Refund all tuition and fees for the term.
- Maintain active student status.
- Retain scholarship status.
- Enter the grade of W (withdrew) for each course with the reason noted on the transcript.
When a student leaves after the Withdrawal deadline, the Seminary will:
- Enter the grade of W for all course work unless the course(s) are sufficiently far along to allow the granting of credit and grade for the course(s).
- Draw up a letter of agreement/contract between the student and each faculty member outlining what work needs to be completed in order for the student to receive credit for the course. (This will be filed with the Registrar.)
The returning student will be allowed a full year after de-activation to complete work for credit.
11.2 Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA): See Appendix A.
11.3 Changes in Personal Information: The student is responsible for reporting all changes in personal information promptly to the Registrar including but not limited to mailing and/or residential address changes and e-mail address changes. To change your name a legal document (social security card, marriage certificate, etc.) which shows your legal name must be submitted to the Registrar The Office of the Registrar will notify all other Seminary offices of the information change(s).
11.4 Recording Policy: Material prepared for and presented in courses by instructors are their intellectual property. Therefore, before recording lectures in onsite courses, students must obtain permission from professor or lecturer. Use of any material (oral, written, or digital) produced by the instructor for the course may not be shared outside the Seminary setting except by written consent of the professor or lecturer. If used outside the classroom with permission, the student is responsible to provide proper entity, citation and credit for all materials used.
11.5 Cell Phones and Other Devices: All audible communication devices should be turned off while students are in the classroom, chapel and other areas where audible devices would cause a disturbance.
11.6 Text Books: Students may obtain books for their courses via personal sources or from a Seminary recommended source.
11.7 Mimimum Technological Requirements for Participation in LTS Degree Programs: Student enrolled in degree and certificate programs at Lexington Theological Seminary are expected to use computers and Internet connections conforming to the following minimum system and hardware requirements. Following admission each new student will be sent a form detailing these requirements which she or he is required to return indicating compliance with these minimum standards
You must have all of the following:
- Operating System: Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or at least 1.5 GHz
- Hard Drive: 250 GB (2 GB free)
- Headphone set with microphone
The latest version of at least one of the following is required. They are listed in order of their compatibility with LTSOnline (with the most compatible first). It is strongly recommended that you use one of the top two:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome™
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
You must have at least one of the following. They are listed in order of their desirability for speed and full participation in LTSOnline (with the best listed first).
- Cable internet – 1,000-10,000+ kbps (from cable co. – highly recommended)
- High speed DSL, T1, Satellite or Cable connection (1.5 mbps minimum)
You must have all of the following.
- Latest version of Windows Media Player
- Latest version of Adobe Flash Player
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
- Classic Java (MRJ 2.2.5) or a more recent version for Mac (free download)
- Microsoft Office XP, 2003, 2007, 2010 or productivitysoftware compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint